[Blindmath] MathPlayer 3 is available

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Tue Jul 9 21:16:26 UTC 2013

I apologize for the self promotion, but I know a number of people on this
list use MathPlayer...

MathPlayer 3 is now available for download.  It's free.  For a list of
what's new in MathPlayer, see my blog post:
http://news.dessci.com/2013/06/mathplayer-3-now-available-the-best-support-for-mathml3-and-math-accessibility.html

If you download MathPlayer, please pay attention to the installation
instructions on the download page:
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/download.htm

MathPlayer 3 now has a windows control panel for some customization of the
speech. These customizations are briefly described on the download page and
are described in more detail on the MathPlayer manual page:
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/manual.htm#mathplayer_settings

If you find a bug or have some problem, please send that to
support at dessci.com.

I think the speech is greatly improved in MathPlayer 3, but I'm sure that
there is still plenty of room for improvement, so don't hesitate to send us
suggestions at support at dessci.com.

I'm working on a number of blog posts about MathPlayer 3.  Many of these
are about accessibility, so I recommend subscribing to our blogs (both the
regular one and our accessibility one).  Both are low traffic so they won't
be clogging up your mailbox.

Enjoy,

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~