[Blindmath] SAS Question

Jonathan Godfrey a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jun 3 22:15:29 UTC 2013

Justin,

Further to Arielle's message. If your class does use the menus that are
commonly available to SAS users via an overlay, the SAS code that the menus
creates should be readable. I've seen the code generated this way and while
I'm not a SAS user, I could at least follow what was happening. I haven't
yet needed to see if the menus were useful as a JAWS user. Any feedback on
that from recent users would be appreciated by me and those people on the
list that do need to use SAS.

Obtaining SAS code to complete your tasks should be fairly easy using their
accessible online documentation.

Making use of offers like Arielle's makes great sense too though. While I
teach using R, my attitude towards students sharing code would be the same
if we used SAS. Sharing makes sense; it's not cheating as some see it, as
long as the assessment exercise forces you to gain understanding. I let my
classes share anything they like because they have different data and must
end up drawing the right conclusion for the data specific to them.

Jonathan