[Blindmath] University Math

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed May 1 15:51:36 UTC 2013

Yes while what you describe can be done by speech, I find it much easier
to read computer code using a Braille display. Normally for read
computer source code I only use a simple mapping table rather than a
table with any contractions (eg. in brltty the table named nabcc, which
is meant to be North American Braille computer code).

For some programming languages I guess it may be easier to work with
speech only, but some where indentation really matters (eg. python) then
the Braille display in my mind becomes very important.

Michael Whapples
On 01/05/2013 09:44, Kartik Sawhney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not quite understand your question.
>
> 1. The source code can simply be written in a text editor and then
> copied to the compiler window. Alternatively, the source code can be
> written directly into the compiler window. Also, navigation while
> reading the source code hasn't been a problem for me.
> 2. Once the program is compiled, a list of errors pop up. The errors
> are accompanied by their respective line numbers, so one can easily go
> to those lines and correct the errors. The program can then be easily
> recompiled.
> 3. The executible file can be run using command prompt (that is what I
> generally do), and it has worked fine in most of the cases. The output
> can easily be read using JAWS.
> 4. I've had instances where I've had to work in teams. The source code
> can easily be shared. A small problem that I sometimes face is when
> other people use a different compiler (that I'm not very comfortable
> using), which leads to small variations in the syntax. But, we've been
> able to manage this, and it isn't really a big problem in my view.
>
> As far as my experience goes, I've found all four of the steps above
> quite accessible.
>
> I've majorly used C++, so my knowledge is restricted to that. I'm not
> sure if this is true for other languages and/or compilers.
>
> Best,

Michael Whapples 	  | 	Software Engineer 	| 	ViewPlus
541.754.4002 x 282 	  | 	www.viewplus.com <http://www.viewplus.com>

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This message and any files transmitted with
it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution
is strictly prohibited; please notify the sender and delete the message.
ViewPlus Technologies, Inc. accepts no liability for damage of any kind
resulting from this email.