[Blindmath] Audio graphing calculator

Tim in 't Veld tim at dvlop.nl
Mon May 20 22:20:51 UTC 2013

Shalini,
This topic has been discussed on this list at great length so you may
want to take a look at the list archives.
There is no full replacement for the physical graphing calculator
sighted students use. Viewplus has an audio graphing calculator software
product, you can download a demo from their website. But its
functionality is limited and the sof tware is rather buggy, they haven't
updated it for years. So make sure it does what you need it to do before
spending the money (it probably doesn't if you want to study mathematics
at university level).

What exactly is the reason for you needing a graphing calculator in
college? If you can tell us a bit more about the functionality you'll
need and your visual impairment we can help you further, for most
graphing calculator functionality good replacement options are
available. But rather than trying to learn about all of that up front
I'd recommend asking your college which functionality you need in the
first cemester and focus on finding a solution for that first.
Tim