[Blindmath] Understanding math versus passing standardized tests of math

Susan Jolly easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 23 23:53:17 UTC 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback.  We may be miscommunicating.  I completely agree that it is important for students to be able to produce graphs of functions of one variable by manual means.  There are various methods that allow blind students to do this such as the pegboard and rubber band method recently described.

My concern is manual production of graphs of functions of two (or more) variables. There is of course software that can produce planar projections of multi-variable functions by using color and other visual strategies but these approaches are difficult for even a sighted person to produce by hand.

Sincerely,
SusanJ