[Blindmath] superscript on an APEX question

Louis Bryant louis at braillesoft.net
Tue Oct 1 21:17:53 UTC 2013

Hi. This is interesting that you bring this up. I actually have a program running on the Braille Sense that explains addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, long-division, step-by-step as well as presents the steps in Nemeth Code. It also has other features, and will soon be cross-platform.
I'm planning to also have the program present the steps and equations to a sighted user using proper notation. It will also soon have a guided mode and a test mode which each part of the problem is presented to the user and all the user has to do is answer questions. The application will take care of the format and presentation to blind and sighted users itself.
I've actually wrote this app in a programming language I made up that takes care of translating anything sent to it into C++ code.
The language is also portable across platforms so this same script can just be re-translated later.
I'd definitely be interested in working with someone on this, either for other platforms, to talk about standards, or even print symbols used on the computer for writing and solving equations. Help could also be used by describing the types of problems you wish to see done, and your version step-by-step on how to do them.
If anyone wants to see what I've done, I'd be happy to send you a beta program or even just do a podcast. Other platforms will be coming soon! I've been working on this for about 7 months now.
Best, Louis