[Blindmath] new member introduction

Lewicki, Maureen mlewicki at bcsd.neric.org
Mon Oct 14 13:25:13 UTC 2013

Oh please, Brett ask away! I am so NOT techie, so your questions will help me!

Maureen Lewicki
Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Bethlehem Central Schools
700 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
http://bcsd.k12.ny.us/

On Oct 11, 2013, at 10:40 PM, "I. C. Bray" <i.c.bray at win.net<mailto:i.c.bray at win.net>> wrote:

Brett,

First off, welcome to the list!!  You will in fact find yourself among some
very helpful and insightful individuals here.  I for one, find the issues
and solutions here and on the Computer Science list among my favorite reads
theese days!
A fair number of the posts even require me to work a bit for my enjoyment--
there is lots of cutting edge knowledge to be learned about here.

As someone who is recently blind, and interested in pursuing math as a
potential career, I know how you feel with regard to feeling new to
accessible tech & math.

Something I keep telling myself I need to do is go through the archives and
read old posts, but I have as of now, failed to do so.

I'm sure there is someone here with answers to your questions, and will make
the nightmares a bit easier.

Respectfully,
Ian  C. Bray