[Blindmath] Way to keep mathematics and probability notes

sabra1023 sabra1023 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 16:12:35 UTC 2013

Just read your notes with a braille display, and if you can't find a symbol, just use words to describe it. Also, you can use a clipboard with the vinyl over it and a piece of paper on top of that to make tactile diagrams if you draw with a pen or stylus. You could make hardcopy notes with a Perkins or a Slayton stylus, or you could record notes, but I prefer to be able to read mine. Book share and learning Ally offer accessible math books. If you know ahead of time, you can fill out a school book request form with book share and they can try to add it to the collection. Just download the Daisey book and load the XML file into your browser. The other formats won't work as well. If you talk to your teacher, you might be able to use an alternate text or an earlier edition of the same text that is an accessible format. You will be reading all of your math and computer braille, but it translates easily into print without third-party software.