[Blindmath] TeX Editors

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Sep 17 21:01:46 UTC 2013

Dear List,

I am trying to get started working in TeX.  I have had some people recommend PCTeX, which costs money, and, with so many free editors out there, I want to pick a free one that works well with JAWS if I can.

Could people briefly list for me, please:

(a)    The TeX editor you use

(b)   The pros and cons of it, including but not limited to how well it works with JAWS?

(c)    How much it costs

Thank you!

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
Graduate Student
Department of Agricultural & Applied Economics
The University of Wisconsin-Madison
president at alumni.ecu.edu<mailto:president at alumni.ecu.edu>

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."    -MARGARET MEAD