[Blindmath] LaTeX and Accessible Documents

John Gardner gardnerj at onid.orst.edu
Fri Dec 26 20:04:18 UTC 2014

Joseph, Latex is accessible to people who know Latex, but even to them, it
is not always the easiest code to read.  There are two other possibilities:
* If you can convert your Latex to html+MathML (for example using the
tx4html application (see
http://www.access2science.com/latex/tutorial_txht.xhtml for a tutorial by
Michael Whapples on using this app.) you will have an accessible html page
that many blind people can read.
* Use the Tex2Word application
(http://www.chikrii.com/products/tex2word/tex-to-word/) to convert your
LaTeX to MS Word+MathType.  Again many blind people can read this.

If you offered all three, you give blind people their choice of several ways
to read your page.  You might consider putting up the html+MathML page
instead of the PDF and just have an accessible site!