[Blindmath] Journal of Statistical Software publication announcement

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jul 28 01:00:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Theodor Loots (also on the list) and I had our review of statistical software for blind users published this month.

http://www.jstatsoft.org/v58/s01

We only reviewed R, SAS, SPSS, and Minitab in any detail but we did develop a set of criteria by which any statistical software could be judged. The software requiring the most detail was SAS; I am therefore grateful that I could  tap Theodor's knowledge of SAS. Without it the paper would have fallen short of publishing standard.

The Journal of Statistical Software is open access and has a very high impact factor (4.9) so our contribution should be noticed by a fairly wide range of readers.

Jonathan