[Blindmath] help

hpscheffer at aol.com hpscheffer at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 15:59:42 UTC 2014

Hello Sandy,

I'm the mother of an 8th grader, she is taking Math 1 and it seems that is the case with your student?. As someone else said, if he has not been doing graphs yet, starting with tests is a bit late. May be some more background would be good to know so we can all help you the right way.

There is many resources we could pass along. It would not be fair to read him the graphs, he should have them available in a  tactile sheet. Your school system should have a special education department, and they should have the tests accessible to him, that is the law. If you are a VI teacher, you can get products from APH, from your State quota.

Again, there are many resources, but not sure which way to steer you in.

Heidi