[Blindmath] Linear formulas for synthetic division algorithm available in Nemeth braille

Amanda Lacy via Blindmath blindmath at nfbnet.org
Wed May 14 21:56:00 UTC 2014

I've taken math through calculus 3 and can't exactly remember how to do
long division. I have an algorithm I use in my head that works. I have
painful memories of those hours and hours I spent on the Purkins trying
to line up rows and columns when I was in the third or fourth grade, but
those aren't useful memories which enable me to solve anything. As soon
as I found an algorithm that made sense to me I must have used it and
forgotten the rest.