[Blindmath] I'm Dying Here

Jose Tamayo via Blindmath blindmath at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 22:56:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

You are in a situation which I found myself in a few years ago.  The
instructor is doing just what he / she has been doing for years.  I would
recommend the following :

1.  Be patient and understanding because it will take time for your
instructor to change from doing what has been the norm for years
2. Record the class sessions and sit with your instructor. Give the
instructor an opportunity to listen in on his own lecture.  You will  find
that they finally can understand what you are going through.
3.  Explain your situation to the instructor because they don't know that
you have that need.
4. having your fascilitation center record the
Classes for later review might work if they have someone explain what is
being said.

Your best bet in my opinion is to have the discussion with your instructor;
not after class but in his office when she has time.

Thanks,
Jose Tamayo