[Blindmath] excel graphs and other ways to show data

Lewicki, Maureen mlewicki at bcsd.neric.org
Wed Nov 19 17:07:29 UTC 2014

Good Day! I have A student whose teacher has assigned making a graph, using provided data, in an excel spreadsheet. He asks that the graph include lots of  labels, lines that separate the phase changes, inserts of shapes and clip art, etc.

Folks are you using excel spreadsheets to share data with your peers, or submit as part of your assignments, etc or are you using another program?

Will this eventually serve my students well to know so much about something they cannot see?

Is there a way to get JAWS to read the graph? It does not appear to have that as an option, so when we go into the doc to add info into the graph, or change labels, there is really no way to tell if they have succeeded. There is also no way to tell if the graph is sitting on top of the data table!

Maureen Murphy Lewicki
Teacher of Visually Impaired
Bethlehem Central School
332 Kenwood Avenue Delmar, NY 12054