[Blindmath] SVG figures and embosser

Dániel Hajas hajasdani at freemail.hu
Sat Nov 22 01:17:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Not long ago I finally had access to a Tiger Max braille embosser. I was
experimenting with printing out jpg and svg files and had semi-success.

The jpg was automatically printed on full a4 size from a picture viewer and
also pasting it in a word file and extending it full page worked well.
However, the disadvantage of this method was a somewhat "dirty" background
around the curve of a function. I remember we have talked about it some time
ago, so looked up the e-mail conversation. I've tried to look up the
contrast setting as mentioned and set it from 0 to 1 but didn't change much.
Not sure though if I was changing the correct setting as this contrast
adjustment could go from -100 to 100. So I guess changing from 0 to 1 didn't
make the difference. Besides jpg files had some strange extra lines on them,
which I didn't expect to appear. This is most likely to be because of the
way they were created rather than the embosser.

Also I tried to emboss svg graphics. Here both the extra unnecessary lines
disappeared and the curve was a clear line without any noise around it.
However, no matter what I just could not open properly the svg file other
than internet explorer and could not make it full size.

Is there a good svg viewer where I can also set that it prints out full a4
size?

Thanks,

Daniel