[Blindmath] Math Player Questions

Bhavya shah bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 17:57:31 UTC 2014

Dear all.
I have not read Blindmath threads for a long while, so apologies if
any of my questions has already been discussed in detail in recent
times.
Q 1 Does Math Player 3 make Internet Explorer never respond?
I have tested on several machines (with decent specs), but Math Player
v 3 has never been able to open a considerably small HTML file without
ever making Internet Explorer (v 8 and 9) not respond. I therefore
downgraded to v 2.1 where the not responding issue had disappeared.
Do you all face this issue?
Is Design Science aware of this issue?
To me it seems a major/critical issue.
Q 2 Can the user customize how symbols are displayed by Math Player?
For e.g. the multiplication symbol is displayed as times by Math
Player. However, I want it to be shown as multiplied by to the screen
reader. Is this achievable. If not, how can I ask Design Science to
add such a feature?
Q 3 Will Math Player ever be compatible with other web browsers?
Has Design Science thought of making Math Player compatible with other
web browsers? Examples could be an accessible web browser as Firefox.
Hope someone will clarify the above doubts.
I would appreciate any assistance.
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah