[Blindmath] User perspective for Nemeth Braille Code

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Sep 22 15:29:30 UTC 2014

Ian,

As one who learned Nemeth as a child but has worked with adults who learned it, it is easier to learn it as a child.  In addition, it is easier to learn Nemeth as one starts out in math rather than having to learn
Nemeth after having learned math as a sighted person.  As another person said, learning what one needs to know of Nemeth Code at a given point makes it very manageable for kids.  An adult who knows a lot
of math and has to learn Nemeth to catch up with his or her existing math knowledge is more difficult.  I would venture to say, though, that would be true of any math code.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson