[Blindmath] User perspective for Nemeth Braille Code

Ian C. Bray i.c.bray at win.net
Mon Sep 22 14:02:35 UTC 2014

Rebecca,

Having had to learn NEmeth at 40, I can tell
you that it isn't  easy.
There is no "easy" way.
Start your kids / students early, and insist  on as near perfectin
as you can manage.

Rolling & scrolling  on the Perkins is not easy either.
It takes your students some time to learn how wide the embosser head is,
and it requires  some
spatial  skills

Practice, Practice, Practice...

Find some way to incentivise to practice-- Perhaps a game or race type of
drill?

I'm also struggling with Nemeth-- all I can say is keep yor  students on top
of it.

Ian