[Blindmath] Tiger Max braille embosser

Dániel Hajas hajasdani at freemail.hu
Fri Sep 26 22:11:12 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My university just bought a Tiger Max braille embosser. It should also come
with the Tiger Software Suite.

Could you please give me some advice how to use it efficiently for producing
diagrams needed in physics and mathematics?

The embosser is going to be used by myself for purposes of printing
mathematical figures and an other blind person mainly for printing braille
text.

As I have never used any embosser and have a very limited knowledge on them,
I am asking for your experiences and technical tipps. I am really new in the
topic of creating tactile figures using an embosser.

May be a few explicit questions to get started:

1.       Can I produce diagrams 100% individually using the software and a
screen reader? Not necessarily by producing them directly on TSS but lets
say import from an svg or pdf file? Or I will still need someone to adjust
graphs from a file to a tactile print view?

2.       What can the software do? Is it only for settings of the embosser
or it is a sort of editor for image sas well?

Many thanks,

Dan