[Blindmath] Looking for a particular type of person to ask questions

Sean Whalen nabs.president at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:45:25 UTC 2015

In my experience, and I think this is broadly true, much of the learning of
these concepts comes with practice and discussion outside of class. I view
the class as a first pass at the information, but I don't think most sighted
students are walking out of the classroom with a 100% grasp on the material.
In various economics and statistics classes that I have taken, when the
professor has done well to read the board and describe key graphical
concepts, I have left the room understanding the material better than many
of the other students in the class. I haven't used tutors, but sitting down
with classmates to work through problem sets has been when I really felt
that I was gaining a firm handle on the content.

Sean