[Blindmath] Accessibility for being a blind math instructor

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 00:08:16 UTC 2015

Hi David,

I did not teach math but did teach English as a part of my first job. One of the
things I used to do is to use a LCD projector in class and render my lesson as a
PowerPoint presentation. I would be  waring over the ear headphones to hear what
was happening on the computer.  If I had to do the same thing today, I would use
bone conduction headphones. You could enter equations in using the lean editor
that John has described and then have word render the equations visually.

Geometry would be a challenge but you may be able to solve that using scalable
vector graphics and a program like SVGDraw but I am not sure about that since
you would need to draw quite quickly.

Your best option is to prepare in advance as much as possible.
Pranav