[Blindmath] Accessibility for being a blind math instructor

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 22:27:05 UTC 2015

Hi all. Thank you so very much for your replies about me being a
mathematics teacher. It would be more likely that I would want to
teach at the community college level, because I never did my student
teaching.  I would have to go back to school and get a certificate
before I could teach at the high school level. I have learned so much
already.  I had never heard of Lean and Lean editor.  I have heard of
math type, but didn't know what that really was. Is Math Type an add
on to MS Word? I will Google all of these technologies and learn more.
It is very exciting to me to hear that there are ways of writing and
reading advanced mathematics.  If any of you could give me more info
on how I might go about teaching even a small geometry part of a
college class, I would grately appreciate that.  I will e-mail you off
list and talk more. Thank you so much for the links for Lean, and
other links.  I read a little of those and learned a lot as a smile
came over my face. When I took my math classes, my Professors let me
write out all symbols in words.  I would write the words, "Square
Root," for example.  I do not want to have to do this for my students.
If I wanted to do OCR on text books, is Infty Reader still the only
OCR choice for math and science materials? Thanks so much for what you
have given me so far and have a great day.