[Blindmath] Does anyone know where I could find a blind accountant

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:27:16 UTC 2015

I am looking for a blind accountant who uses a screen reader,  not a screen magnifier, or someone who has experience in this area.  I am majoring in management information systems, but I am taking this accounting class during the summer. I am having a lot of issues understanding the layout of the spreadsheets I have to fill out. I was able to set it up to identify the columns no matter what bro I'm on, but the problem is that it won't work because we are doing multiple tasks on the same spreadsheet, so depending on where I am, the column titled could be different. For example, this one I recently completed with help had the journal entries, the general ledger,  and the unadjusted trial balance on the same sheet. Because of this, I am having problems quickly accessing information from other areas of the spreadsheet to use in the area I am working on, and the way these sheets are laid out or not very intuitive to me and don't make sense to me very well. I have been able to read other spreadsheets in the past without difficulty, and our course calendar is in a spreadsheet and I can read that fine, but the actual spreadsheets for my course I can't read for some reason. Another thing is that I don't know where the spreadsheet begins and ends, and they skip sells a lot to have blank space, but that also means I keep getting lost and not knowing where I am. To make it a bit more clear, we are given a spreadsheet that has rows and columns with accounts and drop down menus where you select them and all of that, and we have to populate the spreadsheet with numbers. As of now, I have just been using find commands to sort of navigate through the spreadsheet, but for that to work, someone has to tell me exactly what column or what account I am looking for, and yes, I might find it, but then I can't understand how the spreadsheet is laid out.

Sabra Ewing