[Blindmath] Blind STEM research project

White, Jason J jjwhite at ets.org
Thu Mar 19 21:23:37 UTC 2015

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 17:13, Lucas Radaelli via Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> What seems to be very promising recently is the latest NVDA support to mathml and the possibility to create accessible math content using math type.
>
> By installing math player on your computer, you will be able to read formullas written in mathml, with various levels of granularity within the formula.
Reading of MathML content is supported (subject to variations in features and presentation) by each of the following screen readers.

1. VoiceOver under iOS and OS X. These should be considered separate implementations as the features, braille and spoken rendering are not identical.

2. JAWS 16 (with MathJax and Microsoft Internet Explorer - additional browser support and features are anticipated).

3. ChromeVox with Chrome under any supported operating system, including Chrome OS.

4. MathPlayer 4 beta with NVDA or Window-Eyes.

Have I missed any other implementations?

Thank you for your compliance.