[Blindmath] braille code changes and nemeth

George Bell george at techno-vision.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 13:21:29 UTC 2015

Hi Greg,
I was hoping not to be off-topic here, so please bear with me and I'll try to explain.

Perhaps I misunderstood Jorge's post, but in countries where English is not the first language, they too will possibly need to consider using UEB.  Many countries obtain English examination papers for example, from the likes of Oxford University Press here in the UK.  And of course a great deal of English braille is imported besides exam papers.

The net result I would more than guess, is that eventually ALL English braille, regardless of where produced and read, will eventually be UEB.

However, the worry I personally have, is having a mixture of mathematical and technical braille codes such as Nemeth and UEB, especially for a subject where, like music, the printed side is universal.

George.