[Blindmath] MathML support with JAWS

derek riemer Derek.Riemer at Colorado.EDU
Fri Nov 27 02:36:24 UTC 2015

Your best bet is to download NVDA since it is free and it will work
along side jaws. It has much better math support than jaws does
currently if you install mathplayer's new program.

On 11/25/2015 7:55 PM, Kartik Sawhney via Blindmath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using JAWS17, and for some reason, when I try reading the MathML
> files that are otherwise accessible with MathPlayer, it does not read
> the content. Instead, it throws an error, "error describing element,
> Math content". I've read that math support with JAWS requires a
> certain line of code, and since the disability office at my university
> has created these files, I cannot change the source. Is there a way to
> disable Jaws17 Math accessibility, and switch to the traditional
> MathPlayer support?
>
> Best,

    Derek Riemer

  * Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  * Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  * Open source enthusiast.
  * Member of Bridge Cu
  * Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio <http://derekriemer.drupalgardens.com>
Non-proffessional website. <http://derekriemer.pythonanywhere.com/personal>
Awesome little hand built weather app that rocks!
<http://derekriemer.pythonanywhere.com/weather>

email me at derek.riemer at colorado.edu <mailto:derek.riemer at colorado.edu>
Phone: (303) 906-2194