[Blindmath] How fast can a blind or visually impaired person be compared to a sighted person at typesetting mathematical document using LATEX?

Saaqib Mahmuud saaqib1978 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 2 18:13:05 UTC 2016

Hi Blind Math mates? How's it going?
I'm a visually impaired person working as a mainstream college lecturer in Abbottabad, Pakistan, where I'm nowadays teaching the beginning topology and functional analysis courses.

For my students I sometimes need to produce PDF notes, which I prepare using MikeTex and WinEdit.

However, I find that preparing a presentable enough mathematical document containing, say, a proof of the completeness of the little ell p spaces, for example, or that their distance function is actually a metric takes an awful lot of time.

I'm wondering if this has to do with my lack of expertise of the LATEX typesetting system or if it's the case with every blind or visually impaired mathematician.

How fast can a blind or visually impaired person be as compared to a sighted person at preparing LATEX documents with college-level mathematical content?

I would be grateful for anybody around here who can contact me off this list so we can exchange tips and ideas on the subject!

Regards.

Sincerely,
Saaqib MahmoodAssistant Professor of Mathematics,
Government Postgraduate College No. 1Abbottabad, PAKISTANPhone (for mobile + WhatsApp + Skype + Viber); +92-334-541-7958
Skype ID: saaqib.mahmoodEmail: saaqib1978 at yahoo.co.in

Sharing or use of my contact information for any commercial / marketing purpose would constitute a breach of trust!