[Blindmath] MathType in UEB

Rebecca Maria Carvalho rebecca at xrcvc.org
Sat Dec 3 08:05:55 UTC 2016

Hello,Which Braille displays can be used to read Nemeth content from the HTML file created from Word & MathType?Also, can the Word file with MathType  also be accessed on a Braille display?RebeccaFrom: Shannon Pruitt via Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org>Sent: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:07:27 GMT+0530To: sarah.jevnikar at mail.utoronto.ca, Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics <blindmath at nfbnet.org>Cc: Shannon Pruitt <sdpruitt99 at yahoo.com>Subject: Re: [Blindmath] MathType in UEBYou can access HTML documents that have been created with Word & MathTyoe in Nemeth or UEB using a Braille display and an iPad.> On Nov 29, 2016, at 9:50 AM, Sarah Jevnikar via Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:>> I'm ashamed to say I didn't realize how little is available for UEB math> notation. The perils of using one system which is so dominant in US-based> software packages. As slow as Nemeth implementation has been (and it's still> developing) I'd hope UEB could be caught up too.>> This is a hypothetical question - could software or Braille templates or> what have you be created in such a way that the same Math Type document> could be read with both Nemeth and UEB Math output, depending on user> preference? This seems a perfectly logical thing to do - I as a Nemeth user> would appreciate having access to all documents available, as would any> student using UEB Math. But I know that software presents challenges> end-users like myself don't always appreciate.>> I'm sorry Jen I'm not actually helpful. I'm in Canada as well and am> surprised at Nemeth going away.>> Sarah>>> -----Original Message-----> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer> Jesso via Blindmath> Sent: November 28, 2016 9:47 PM> To: blindmath at nfbnet.org> Cc: Jennifer Jesso> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] MathType in UEB>> Hi Daniel,>> Thanks for your suggestion. Ideally, I'm looking for a way that someone> could access MathType directly in Word while reading a document using a> braille display with a screen reader. In Canada we are using UEB for> everything, whether literary or math or other technical material.>> Jen>> -----Original Message-----> From: Daniel Gillen [mailto:danielgillen at rcn.com]> Sent: November 28, 2016 6:40 AM> To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics> <blindmath at nfbnet.org>> Cc: Jennifer Jesso <jen.jesso at gmail.com>> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] MathType in UEB>> As I have not used MathPlayer myself, the way I've interacted with MathType> content is when I've been receiving my math/physics assignments in college> and converting Word documents with MathType into Braille files through> Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) software. I would think that DBT has a few> UEB templates that can be used when importing Word files with MathType> content and then translating them into Braille. This would be if one was to> read a formatted Braille (BRF) file on a BrailleNote or other similar> device, but I'm not sure if this could be a method for displaying math> content on the fly (say, when reading a Web page with math on it). Besides,> does Canada use UEB for math as well as literary content, or are they doing> something a bit like what the U.S. is trying to iplement in most places (UEB> for literary and Nemeth Code for math/science materials)?>> Thank you,> Daniel>>> _______________________________________________> Blindmath mailing list> Blindmath at nfbnet.org> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for> Blindmath:> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sarah.jevnikar%40mail> .utoronto.ca> BlindMath Gems can be found at> <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>>>> _______________________________________________> Blindmath mailing list> Blindmath at nfbnet.org> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Blindmath:> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sdpruitt99%40yahoo.com> BlindMath Gems can be found at <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>_______________________________________________Blindmath mailing listBlindmath at nfbnet.orghttp://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.orgTo unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Blindmath:http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/rebecca%40xrcvc.orgBlindMath Gems can be found at <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>