[Blindmath] Something else to Math ML

Neil Soiffer soiffer at alum.mit.edu
Fri Dec 9 23:45:22 UTC 2016

Many months ago, maybe over a year ago, Wikipedia changed its defaults to
using MathML and SVG in such a way that the pages should be accessible.
There is no longer a need to log in. I know this works in Firefox+NVDA. It
doesn't work for me in  IE+NVDA, although it seems to work (mostly) for the
NVDA developer, so your success isn't guaranteed there. According to [1],
JAWS 16 and later should read the MathML in page.

Note: not all math is properly encoded with MathML in Wikipedia. Many
inline expressions use "HTML math" (i.e, <i> and <sup> tags) for inline
math.

Neil Soiffer

[1]
http://msf.mathmlcloud.org/setups/results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q%5Bplatform_version_platform_id_eq%5D=&q%5Bassistive_technology_version_assistive_technology_id_eq%5D=2&q%5Bbrowser_reader_version_browser_reader_id_eq%5D=&q%5Bfile_format_id_eq%5D=3&q%5Brenderer_id_eq%5D=&q%5Boutputs_id_eq%5D=&q%5Bworkflow_status_id_eq%5D=&button=