[Blindmath] Malfunctioning files containing Math Type - Please help

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Mon Dec 19 18:23:20 UTC 2016

Hi Sarah,

I tried opening the file in Firefox and got the same results you did. I then opened it in Internet Explorer 11, and it seems to read fine, even the math content. I'm using Jaws 18. The really strange thing is that when I switch to NVDA, latest version, with IE 11, all the text in the document reads fine, but none of the math content shows up. Do you have access to Jaws and IE at all?

Thanks,

Russell

>>> Sarah Jevnikar via Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> 2016-12-18 5:10 AM >>>
Hi all,
I was provided with a course textbook in xhtml format so I could read it in
Firefox with NVDA and Math Type. Though Braille support is wonky (some
symbols are missing), it's been a decent format. Except a few files produce
errors like the one copied below when I open them, making them unreadable.
" XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: file:///[the file's location on my hard drive]
The file in question can be downloaded here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12727315/Intro%20App%20C3.xhtml
Two other files have this same error, but different line and column numbers.
Is there a way that I can fix this?
Thank you,
Sarah