[Blindmath] Malfunctioning files containing Math Type - Please help

Neil Soiffer soiffer at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 19 20:14:48 UTC 2016

Either IE isn't enforcing xhtml or you have MathPlayer for IE running and
it rewrites it into html because IE8 didn't support XHTML (IE8 is the
compatibility mode MathPlayer for IE must run in due to IE's dropping
support for the interfaces needed by MathPlayer for display).

You could do the same for Firefox by just renaming the file as .html
instead of the current .xhtml. The problems will still be there. My guess
is that there is an error roughly every 30 input lines, which given length
of most input lines in that document, it is probably every 2-4 pages.
However, the entire file will load because html has rules that allow it to
continue through errors, although the resulting guess as to what is meant
is not always what is desired. Hopefully the errors are infrequent enough
that they aren't too bothersome.

Neil Soiffer