[Blindmath] MathML and Voiceover

Amanda Lacy lacy925 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:50:33 UTC 2016

How do I use (or not use) MathML in Voiceover? I'm reading an online
textbook for class, and every time I come to a math expression I get
trapped inside it. VO+rightArrow wraps around to the beginning. Right
now I have to stop interacting with the expression which I never asked
to interact with. Sometimes I end up stopping the interaction with the
entire page. That means I'm taken all the way back to the beginning of
the page! How can I stop this silliness? Also, I'm tired of all the
Braille question marks in place of real symbols. VO reads the symbols
aloud correctly, so can't I assign something other than dots 1-4-5-6
to them?

Thanks,
Amanda