[Blindmath] MathML and PC with JAWS V. 17

Zach zm290 at msstate.edu
Mon Feb 15 14:09:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

7+ years ago, my undergrad DSS office helped me set up Math Player on my XP
running JAWS V. 14, and IE 8 so they could give me my text materials in
formatted XML files. To this day I can still open the files on my XP running
V. 14 and they still work. I tried downloading the latest version of Math
Player on my Windows 7 PC running JAWS V. 16 and IE 11, and I couldn't get
it to read the equations properly. It would give me some jargon I couldn't
understand like Math type at ... <mailto:Mathtype at ...> . This happened both
when I tried opening old files Cornell had made and when I tried opening
files Mississippi State made-although MSU's files were only Word documents.

The latter PC has since been possessed by Satan, and I'm using a new PC,
Window's 7, JAWS 17, and IE 11. If there are suggestions of someone or an
agency who could help me trouble shoot the issues I'm having, it could make
the remainder of my graduate education much, much more present.

Thank you,

Zac