[Blindmath] MathML and PC with JAWS V. 17

steve.noble at louisville.edu steve.noble at louisville.edu
Mon Feb 15 14:28:25 UTC 2016

Beginning with JAWS 16, FS gutted support for MathPlayer and instituted their own math speech. However, this current (16+) JAWS native math support works only in IE, and only with HTML documents constructed using MathJax. So, if you are trying to read HTML+MathML or XHTML+MathML documents with the current version of JAWS, you are not going to hear the math expressions read correctly. You'll have to switch to NVDA plus the new MathPlayer to read those (either with Firefox or IE11 in Enterprise Mode) as JAWS does not current support those formats...only HTML+MathJax in IE.

--Steve Noble
steve.noble at louisville.edu
502-969-3088
http://louisville.academia.edu/SteveNoble