[Blindmath] Graphing in excel

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at mail.utoronto.ca
Sun Feb 21 06:33:02 UTC 2016

Hi there,
I've fought with Excel graphs and am afraid I've thrown in the towel and
gotten sighted assistance. I'm sure others here will have better ideas.

As for the formulae question, you can do the following.
1. Type the formula in the first cell you want it in and press Enter for it
to be applied.
2. Press up arrow to return to the cell you just typed in.
3. Hold down the shift key and press down arrow until you reach the last
cell the formula should go in.
4. Press control-D. This will fill the column of cells with the formula the
first one contained.
Notes:
1. If the column of cells is large, this can become tedious. You can type
Control-g (for Go To) and type the range of cells (C2:C52, for instance).
Then cells C2 through C52 are selected and you can type Control-d.
2. The formula will change based on the cell reference. For example, if your
initial formula in cell C1 was
=A1+B1
Your formula in C2 would be
=A2+B2
If you didn't want this to change, you'd use $. For instance,
=$A$1+B1 would cause cell A1 to always be added to other cells (B2, B3,
etc.)
3. You can do the same thing with formulae or information along a row:
Select for instance A1:Z1 with Control-g or shift+right arrow, with contents
in A1, and hit Control-r.

I hope this helps,
Sarah