[Blindmath] Techniques for taking Algebra through Calculus?

White, Jason J jjwhite at ets.org
Fri Feb 26 16:37:45 UTC 2016

You write your document in a text file using whatever text editor you prefer. In the text file you include LaTeX commands. Once you're ready to typeset the document, you run the LaTeX program (supplying the name of the file, which typically ends in .tex). If all works well, it will produce a PDF file containing the typeset document. If there's a problem with your input file, you'll need to read the error messages and fix it.

Some text editors have special commands to assist you in creating and editing LaTeX documents. Emacs, for example, has AUCTeX mode, which is installed separately.

Thank you for your compliance.