[Blindmath] [Blind math] SAS, Plus and SPSS accessibility

Zach zm290 at msstate.edu
Mon Jul 4 17:10:38 UTC 2016

I think you may find a lot of discussion addressing your question in the
archives of this mailing list. As a user of SAS and a neighbor of someone
who tried to use SPSS, SAS seems to be second only in accessibility to R.
SPSS has a lot of issues according to my friend and is not easy for sighted
folks to teach blind folk-for that matter so was SAS, but SAS was easy
enough to find resources on the web for.

Others on this list more knowledgeable may disagree with me, and I beg your
pardon. I've heard too many horror stories about other software's to ever
consider anything other than SAS and R though.  I only use SAS and Excel
because it is what my advisor knows; but after this Masters I'm looking to
make the switch to R.

Zachary Mason
M.S. Student
Animal and Dairy Sciences