[Blindmath] [Blind math] SAS, Plus and SPSS accessibility

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jul 4 21:35:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Can I just quickly remind the list about the my webpages at http://r-resources.massey.ac.nz
Where there is a reasonably up to date set of notes about statistical software (and lots more).

Zac: I often see students use software because it is the preference of their supervisors. In my opinion, the sins of the supervisor need not be visited on the student. I would argue that the best outcome for the supervisor is that their student use the most appropriate tool on offer, and that they see the use of alternative software as an opportunity to learn something. Of course, you can't go ramming that down the throats of most supervisors, but that's why I say it to supervisors on the behalf of students I support, both inside my university, and if necessary in writing to a supervisor of blind students in need.

Cheers,
Jonathan