[Blindmath] Request for ideas for a mac screen reader that with read MathML

Vincenzo Rubano vincenzorubano at email.it
Thu Jul 14 18:28:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

VoiceOver, the native Mac OS screen reader, does support natively reading MathML. I would suggest using Safari as browser, since it is the one that gives the best results at the moment.

Wether VoiceOver support for MathML is of quality high enough to read the materials appropriately is another topic, though. I myself don’t consider it that way, since it lacks support for transcoding Math symbols to Braille accurately (I am an Italia user) and the cursor sometimes jumps within the document without a reason.

I’d use an iOS device or a Windows laptop running NVDA and MathPlayer to read MathML contents.

HTH

Vincenzo.