[Blindmath] converting a textbook in LaTeX to MathML

Tara Robertson trobertson at langara.ca
Tue Jun 14 17:40:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

We need to produce an accessible version of an math textbook. Thankfully
it's Creative Commons licensed and I hope that the authors will respond to
my email and voicemail begging for their LaTeX files. To date we've only
produced math textbooks from the hardcopy and our workflow looks like this:
bit.ly/mathML We have both Infty Reader and MathType.

By doing a quick search of the list archives and the internet I've found a
few ways to convert small snippets, but I'm looking for a way to convert a
whole textbook.

Does anyone have software or workflow recommendations?

Cheers,

Tara

Tara Robertson

Accessibility Librarian