[Blindmath] converting a textbook in LaTeX to MathML

derek riemer Derek.Riemer at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jun 14 20:12:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

This may be more dificult than it sounds. Pandoc can convert to mathml,
but in a whole textbook, there's probably macros. These often don't get
converted.

On 6/14/2016 11:40 AM, Tara Robertson via Blindmath wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We need to produce an accessible version of an math textbook. Thankfully
> it's Creative Commons licensed and I hope that the authors will respond to
> my email and voicemail begging for their LaTeX files. To date we've only
> produced math textbooks from the hardcopy and our workflow looks like this:
> bit.ly/mathML We have both Infty Reader and MathType.
>

> By doing a quick search of the list archives and the internet I've found a
> few ways to convert small snippets, but I'm looking for a way to convert a
> whole textbook.
>

> Does anyone have software or workflow recommendations?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Tara
>

> Tara Robertson
>
> Accessibility Librarian
>
>   <http://www.caperbc.ca/> CAPER-BC
>
> 604.323.5254
>
>   <mailto:trobertson at langara.ca> trobertson at langara.ca

    Derek Riemer

  * Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  * Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  * Open source enthusiast.
  * Member of Bridge Cu
  * Avid skiier.