[Blindmath] Techniques for taking Algebra through Calculus?

Allan Mesoga allan.mesoga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:54:44 UTC 2016

Sir John,

I have LEANMath7 beta here.  If you have latest version than this, may
you give me a copy?  I find LEANMath as very accessible tool in
writing math equation in word specially for those who do not know
LaTeX syntax.  I am glad that you still improving LEANMath.

Regards,

Allan

On 3/8/16, John Gardner via Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi all, a few words about LEAN Math
>
> It has been some time since I released the last beta of LEAN, because I was
> finding the original architecture to be nearly impossible to repair and
> maintain. I have totally rewritten LEAN, making it much more robust. I am
> not a very competent software developer, and unfortunately it was pretty
> evident in LEAN I. The new version has been working well for months in
> audio, but I have some problems making the right information show on braille
> displays. I am hindered because I am not a good braille reader myself and
> don't usually use a braille display. However if there are people who would
> like to use it in audio, I would be happy to put it up for download.
>
> For those of you who don't know LEAN, it is an efficient way for blind
> people to write math, and it includes a number of nice little functions that
> help you when you are solving algebraic equations. LEAN presently works only
> with the MathType application in MS Word, so you would need MS Word and
> MathType (available from dessci.com). LEAN creates standard MathType
> equations, so its output is completely mainstream. It can be used to read
> math in MS Word, but there are lots of ways now to read math in MS Word, so
> please regard LEAN as a way to write math. There are not very many ways to
> write math as you know. LEAN will be a free application for blind end users.
> ViewPlus will eventually put LEAN on the market and sell it and support
> packages at modest cost to institutions.
>
> John Gardner

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/kperry%40blink
>>> s
>>> oft.com
>>> <http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/kperry%40blin
>>> k soft.com> BlindMath Gems can be found at
>>> <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home
>>> <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>>

>>> Blindmath:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/jaquis%40mac.c