[Blindmath] Request For Information About WinTriangle

Saaqib Mahmuud saaqib1978 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 16 07:43:58 UTC 2016

Hello to the Blindmath mailing list members.

I have a couple of questions regarding WinTriangle.

I'm a low vision person working as lecturer in mathematics at a mainstream college, where I'm nowadays teaching functional analysis to BS in Maths students, all of whom are fully sighted.

I rely on my vision for learning and teaching of mathematics, although I do know braille (Urdu, English Grade 2, and the Nemeth Code as covered in the Hadley School's course, Oh!, and most of that APH online interactive tutorial).

But I just haven't got any books in braille on mathematics. Do such books even exist, I wonder?

It is my feeling that the books available from the US, Europe, and Australia are too expensive. For inkprint books, I have the option of availing myself of the low priced Indian editions, which are available here in Pakistan.

Affected with nystagmus and optic nerve atrophy, the range of my reading vision is restricted to only six inches or so, and that too when there is no sunlight.

I do use the computer. I'm familiar with JAWS and MAGic, but for my mathematical reading, I use the standard High Contrast Black (Large or Xtra Large) option available in Windows XP.

A few years ago, I came to know of a software program called WinTriangle and even downloaded and installed it onto my PC. However, I still have neither been able to learn the use of this program nor see how good it can be for my needs.

There's not much anciliary support for WinTriangle available on the Internet either.

So can anyone please educate me on where WinTriangle is going to come to my aid? where I can get WinTriangle tutorials? and which website or page I can visit for support and discussion relating to WinTriangle?

I'm using LATEX too, with WinEdit for editing and MikeTex for compiling.

Regards.

Faithfully,

Saaqib Mahmood,
Kund Malyaar, Muhallah Musa Zai,