[Blindmath] What is the difference between embossing an OpenBook document and embossing a DBT file into braille?

Saaqib Mahmuud saaqib1978 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 16 08:14:09 UTC 2016

Hi mates?
I have a question regarding embossing into braille of printed materials, especially mathematical content.

We have access to OpenBook for scanning and OCR, the DBT for braille editing, and the Index Braille's Everset-D V4 embosser.

Option 1. We scan a print book using OpenBook, convert it into a Microsoft Word document, and thn emboss it into braille using the Everest-D V4.

Option 2. We painstakingly prepare an electronic braille document (or a bunch of documents) using the DBT software and then emboss.

What would be the difference in the braille output between the above two options, (i) in case of literary materials and  (ii) particularly in case of mathematics and science books?

Saaqib Mahmood,
Kund Malyaar, Muhallah Musa Zai,
Nawan Shehr, Abbottabad,
PAKISTANPhone: +92-346-952-7638 (mobile), +92-334-541-7958 (mobile + WhatsApp + Viber )E-mail: saaqib1978 at yahoo.co.inSkype: saaqib.mahmood