[Blindmath] MathType input for MathPlayer output

Neil Soiffer soiffer at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 21 18:16:07 UTC 2016

While Bob is correct in his answer, there is some hope. MathPlayer 4 tries
to recognize the bad output from MathType (and probably other editors) and
fix it up for speech. It can't always do this, but if you have "1,234" by
itself, or more generally in positions where the "," is probably not a
separator (e.g., "1,234+x"), then it will speak properly. If there are
parens around it as in "(1,234)", then it will interpret this as a list
with contents "1" and "234".

This attempt at fixing things up is new in MathPlayer 4, so make sure you
have the latest version.

    Neil