[Blindmath] Wording

Zach zm290 at msstate.edu
Wed May 18 14:40:25 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

At my institution, meetings with my Dissabilitys office to plan
accomidations for a course involves inviting my vocational councilor,
academic advisor, a representative from the National Research and Training
Center on Blindness and Low Vision, the prof, and the university's ADA
compliance officer. My citty and state NFB presidents are welcome too, but
normally busy. I enjoy it because when everyone gets together, it's a
business meeting and not a counciling session. However, it's not without its
challenges.

I want to as clearly, and accurately as possible express in writing my
preference for electronic formatted and Braille materials. If someone could
look at this statement and tell me if it passes the "computer science bar" I
would most appreciate it.

The preferred file format for tests, exams and quizzes is HTML with MathML
via MathJax (open-source JavaScript display engine) markup of mathematic
notation.

The preferred file format for lecture and lab handout/exercises is BRF using
grade II for literary text and Nemeth code for mathematical notation.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Zac

Zachary Mason

M.S. Student