[Blindmath] Basic Math

Bill Dengler codeofdusk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:41:50 UTC 2016

Obviously, calculators are useful in the context of a larger problem.
But I think this course was designed to teach the skills of working these sorts of problems out by hand (forgive me if I’m wrong).
And, at a certain level of math, students will be given exams that do not permit the use of a calculator at all.
This is where a good understanding of place value and the properties of the operations is key; you can split up numbers by value to make calculations easier.

Thanks,
Bill