[Blindmath] mathematica accessibility

Daniel Gillen danielgillen at rcn.com
Mon Sep 19 04:47:42 UTC 2016

I use MATLAB on a Windows computer running JAWS. It works fine for me when running the code in the command line, editing the code in notepad or some other editor (other than MATLAB's native editor). I have occasionally used Mathematica with some assistance throughout college if there were problems in which that Language got the task done more efficiently (such as solving certain nonlinear differential equations). Anyway, I find that my current setup works, especially considering the thesis that I'll be doing this year for my physics major. in summary, I will be creating a toolkit for MATLAB that turns three-or more-dimensional data sets into three-dimensional sound (plus other acoustical parameters). The physics is fundamentally that of acoustical physics, while the data may be inside or outside of this larger fields. essentially, I will be attempting to sonify plots of data that can't be represented right away on paper, A flat screen, or in physical 3-D models. I guess I could have switched sometime ago to using a Mac computer, but my familiarity with windows and non-familiarity with macOS is making things more suited to the former platform.

Thank you,
Daniel
sent from my iPhone