[Blindmath] Accessible statistics websites

derek riemer Derek.Riemer at Colorado.EDU
Fri Sep 23 16:39:54 UTC 2016

That's really good advice. Other than that, it's just a crap shoot to
find accessible formula's. I even got some formula's from DS that were
converted wrongly when I did stats, and I had to ask the professor to la
tex them for me in the middle of the take home exam. Best of luck to
you! P.S. I have a sheet of formulee I could send if you want. (They're
already converted).

On 9/23/2016 10:24 AM, Bill Dengler via Blindmath wrote:
> Wikipedia is great for this. It has LaTeX as well as Math ML.
> You may need to set up an account if you want to change your format preference (I think they use Math ML by default now), go to http://enwp.org/special:preferences <http://enwp.org/special:preferences> to change your display settings.
> If you’re planning on editing, the monobook skin is the most accessible... there are no million-dollar drop down boxes getting in the way! Hehe
>
> Bill
>> On Sep 23, 2016, at 1:45 PM, Sabra Ewing via Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Where can I find accessible websites for statistics with explanations or formulas? I'm tired of finding exactly what I need, only to find that I can read everything but the important parts because those are pictures. I need something that writes in words what it is about to do and then does it mathematically underneath. I took statistics in high school, but we are doing things in this class that we did not do there. I found this thing where I had written myself a step by step Guide to get the standard deviation and I also included the formula, but without the step by step guide, The formula doesn't make sense.
>>
>> Sabra Ewing

    Derek Riemer

  * Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  * Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  * Open source enthusiast.
  * Member of Bridge Cu
  * Avid skiier.